Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Progress, slow and stead progress.

Dear Body,

It's me again. Five days a week since January 4, 2010 I have walk on a treadmill 30 or 40 minutes just like I said I would. I started out on a weeny level 2 then 3. Now I sweat it out on level 9 and 10. Just so you know, I have committed to exercise five days a week for the rest of my days. I'll give you a little break on Sunday and sometimes Saturday, but the rest of the week, you're mine!

Here's the weird thing--I'm starting to like it. I like the sweat, and I like the feeling that comes when I'm on a steep incline and don't think I can finish, and then I do. Then I am pretty sure I can do whatever I need to or want to. It's empowering.

As of today, I've lost 16 pounds. Sixteen hard-fought pounds. I'm in double digits. I picked up a 15 pound weight today and realized you're not carrying that around anymore. It must feel like such a relief. I'm very happy with myself. And I'm happy with you, too. You seem to be getting on board with me this time. No telling where we can go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment