Saturday, November 6, 2010

Patience and Hope

It's been a hard day. My son's heart is breaking again. It has been broken before, but it hurts just as much the second or third time--one never becomes immune to the pain of a broken heart. My heart is breaking, too, for a mother's heart feels the pain of her child. I still have hope for him, but the familiarity of this situation makes me afraid. All he wants is someone to share his love with. Why is that so hard to find?

My beautiful Aunt Phyl, gave my daughter a treasured gift. It's a white blessing dress that she made many years ago hoping a grandchild of hers would wear it to be christened in. When that didn't happen, she graciously offered it to my daughter. I can hardly wait to see my grand baby in it. But for now, we must all be patient. All she and her husband want is a baby to love.

For now, my daughter and son both must put their dreams and righteous desires on hold and struggle through the unpleasant lessons of patience and hope. My prayer for both of them is that while they wait, they will feel comfort; while they wait they will find understanding to their questions of why.

No comments:

Post a Comment